Friday, November 19, 2010

Sovereignty of the Swan: Geneva

I know I already posted about my trip to Geneva, Switzerland here. I just had some spare photos left and I couldn't bear the thought of never sharing them. Like I said Geneva is a very peaceful charming place but it is also very expensive and chic! The people are quite friendly and the city boasts of a multi-cultural atmosphere! There aren't too many attractions in the town. However one of the really impressive things in Geneva is the Jet d'eau, which is the name for the largest water fountain in Europe. If you love nature and swans in particular, you should go to Geneva. You'll be blown away! :)

4 comments:

  1. Caro! I especially liked the one of the boats through the fence and the one of the flowers towards the end.
    Do you do post-processing? I love the pleasantly over-exposed effect some of your pictures have :)
    Also, I hope I can travel like you have sometime soon. It takes guts, does it not? Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Cyniqueen!
    Thanks for dropping by! Yes well, my old camera didn't take quality shots like my present one, so I had to adjust the light and contrast on most of my pictures. I love vintage, so I mostly mellow the temperature on my photographs. You can try it on Picasa since it's so user-friendly and free! You can do it in photoshop as well, but that means nothing to me! :O
    hope all is well! hug
    x
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and about the travelling. Yes it was such a terrifying moment when I had to leave my house on my own. I even told my roommate look at my face, it might be the last time you see it! But then I realized, this is what I had to do to get happy. If i stayed back I would not have set myself free and have all these experiences to share. I recall this quote and I'm sure you know it by Robet Frost "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well said! And yes, I am yet to fully explore the possibilities that Picasa has to offer. I hope you get to travel more soon. Keep uploading :)

    ReplyDelete