Thursday, December 17, 2009

It snowed all over Normandy


They informed us about a week back that it would snow today. I didnt take the weathermen seriously and guess what it did snow! I got out of building and it was everywhere. Since this was my first experience with snow I wasnt sure what to do, should I step onto it or just turn around and head back to bed! I decided to jump right into the experience and Im so happy I did! It was beautiful! Except for the fact that my train was halted for over half an hour at Sotteville and all the TC could say was ''A cause des raisons climatiques, votre train est arreté pendant une période indéterminée''. Thats when I began to worry a bit because I realised I was in a foreign country and I was in a situation that required me to take an action on my own. My sixth sense said I should stay put. I arrived at Ecole BP just in time for class. The mood at the school was so lively and everyone was making snowmen. I was so so happy to see my kids just enjoyign themselves. Professors in a good mood too, strangely. 


The mood was equally playful at Ecole TM. The teachers here are really kind and they even spared me a huge piece of cake, foie gras and lots of lovely cheeses that were left over from their Christmas lunch on Tuesday. I ate food that was ''très française'' which meant I ate Pain Epicé (bread with spices) and foie gras, which gives you a 'sucré salé' taste (salty and sweet). You can have the above with a bit of fig jam. I handed over some Christmas gifts that I had brought from India such as scarves, pen holders and mirrors. All the above were a hit with the teachers.
I barely managed to get on the train back home, thanks to the snow that was melting by the time the day ended and hence made my walking all the more difficult! Andy had already left for Paris to catch her flight to the US. She is spending xmas with her family and Im happy for her because she seemed like she needed a break from French! Well so right now I have the apartment to myself for the next 2 days before I head to Rotterdam! Im listening to the lovely Buena Vista Club music and the last snowflakes are slowly vanishing. Life is beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment