Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday in Paris: Vincennes Woods


Spring is almost here. You can feel it all around you, the birds are here, the children are feeding the ducks, the waters are less icy and the paper boats are a plenty, the grass is growing again and the trees about to send us their gifts. Sundays in Paris are becoming lovelier by the week. Today we went to Bois de Vincennes. (bois = woods). The ambience was lovely. I met some of my favourite friends. The seagulls and the ducks :) It's a strange sight to hear the cry of seagulls in the middle of Paris. It makes me nostalgic of the Normandy coast where I lived last year and the cry of the seagulls was a constant.
Conifer cones :) I remember the first time I saw them and decided I would use them in my pot pourri vase. I need to get around to that!
 Pretty leaves on vines.
 You look at the trees and can't wait for more yellow to brighten the park.
 You're happy to see the ducks after a long while. 
You look at the Saint Mandé lake and wonder if that's a weeping willow in the distance. And indeed it is! :)
 Je suis un canard :)
 Cloudy day reflections mingle with the ripples, ducks paddle around hoping for crumbs.
 In the woods, poetry is everywhere. 
 Every move can be transformed into verse..
 I thought of these words when I saw this cute guy gazing away. When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Joshi! coming from you, that means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. having lived on ave du general de gaulle for many years, this park was one of my favorite places to walk to and enjoy with my son....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could bring back fond memories Bootes! :)

    ReplyDelete