Thursday, September 22, 2011

Return of the prodigal blogger

I know I've been ignoring my blog for the past five months now. I have no excuses except that I have been so lazy. So let's recap all the amazing and not so amazing things that happened.


1. My contract came to an end with the lovely Collège in Saint Valéry. It broke my heart to leave my amazing students and the staff members who were really kind to me. I had the most amazing experience in this tiny little French town and my last day was spent smiling and teary eyed! My kiddos threw me a little surprise party, I myself had prepared tons of muffins for the staff and my favourite students, my mentors gifted me a beautiful book on Normandy and my students wrote me tiny little thank you notes. 
I miss Saint Valéry en Caux, that charming little village along the breathtaking alabaster coastline. sigh.
2. I moved into a cute little appartment not far from la ville magnifique de Paris! Though it can never replace my actual soul home in Goa, it will have to suffice for now. 
3. Monsieur S. came to visit my family and me in Goa and my family really loved him and he loved them and Goa too! pictures coming soon..
4. I went through another year of visa ordeals, work contracts, rent deposits payments, etc and things are only now falling into place.
5. My first real job starts on Monday the 26th. You know that place where you have to wear a well ironed shirt and no jeans? yup, I will work there. 
6. Among the not so amazing things to happen was me dropping my macbook at the airport. Tip: never travel by Royal Jordanian airlines because they are neurotic about their rules with extra baggage. I was too stubborn to throw away my precious English paperbacks and decided to stuff them into my sling laptop bag. And while walking through the Queen Alia International Airport, just as my luck would want, the strap gave way! 
7. I completely forgot to renew the Apple protection plan and hence have to pay for all the repair work myself. I haven't yet had the courage to take it to the apple store since I know the repairs will cost me a kidney. So when I have my first salary, I have decided to treat my self to Apple post-sales services.
8. Other things, I have been doing are 
  • ignoring my blog
  • collecting paper bags
  • eating lots of French food, 
  • learning how to make world cuisine
  • missing Indian and home food
  • buying tons of rings (my new fetish) 
  • missing my family, my cat, and the dogs
  • planning my classes  
  • wondering if I should start learning Italian 
  • falling in love over and over again with the same man
  • and the usual trying to get my bohemian self to start facing reality.
  • and deciding that if that doesn't happen, I'm still happy amongst my amusing musings :)

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you I love how you write? Because I really do. 'Soul home' :) Aww

    Good to see you back. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete