Friday, January 28, 2011

Parisian Date: Cher Monsieur S.

I found new love and old love again. My new love is a Parisian gentleman who's slowly renewing my faith in men. My old love is none other than Paris! When I first came to France as a tourist, I fell in love with the capital city. Then I moved to Normandy for work and Paris lost its charm. It turned into the city one passes through on the way to another place. Now that I have found Monsieur S. I have a profound desire to rediscover the city I once loved so much. Paris is filled with wonderful things. Shadows of lamps on walls, gai Parisians who dance in streets filled with mosaics and charming "restos''.
Monsieur S. is my soulmate I believe. We have similar likes and dislikes. We laugh so much together and according to me that the biggest sign you love one another. When you find the same things are funny, you're meant to be. We both love photography too. I overdo it of course and he just lets me :)
We love walking around the city and I take pictures of grilles, doors and windows. We come across a random church and we're so fascinated by it, we enter and sure enough it's magnificent. 
This is the church of Saint Etienne du Mont. The 16th century gothic masterpiece has been beautifully preserved and extra treat for literary airheads like me. It holds the remains of famous literary figures like Blaise Pascal and Racine!


Since I have never visited the Notre Dame Cathedral made infamous by Victor Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame. Monsieur S. made sure we visited the Cathedral before I left. I love Gothis churches but Notre Dame de Paris was really creepy and sinister inside. I would NOT want to be trapped here at night.
Unfortunately it's time to leave. I get to spend a mere five to six hours everytime I visit the Monsieur. Since it take me three hours each way from Saint Valéry to Paris and back :( but it's worth it. The love, the giggles, the nice bad Parisian weather, the rarely empty Parisian metro, the hand holding, the whispering, the endless noisy and silent conversations, etc.
He sees me off at Paris Saint Lazare station. I hate goodbyes. I will be seeing him the following week at my place but I can't stop feeling sad, empty. I will miss Paris, my Monsieur S and above all that amazing thing called Amour :)
Au revoir Paris, mon chéri..

No comments:

Post a Comment