Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Last of Autumn in Amiens.

Bad news. Autumn is over, finito :'( I was happy I managed to chronicle the season as much as I possibly could in the last two months, but I still feel I didn't have enough time to really see all of it's shades. But the ever charming city of Amiens can still charm you, even on the cloudiest, greyest and foggiest of days (like today). It has so much charisma, that it reminded of my stint in colourful Burano, Venice.
In Amiens, you can find cobwebs laden with diamonds. 
Amiens has so many colourful windows, it's perennially spring. 
On the most cloudy day, nothing is more awe-inspiring than the big grand cathedral!
Amiens keeps a secret. But if you scout long enough, you will get the blues!
You will be baffled by the strange man that stands in the middle of the river all year long!
People entering and leaving such colourful doors, must never be unhappy!
Aimless wanderer can always find the pretty nothings!
Autumn hurriedly packed her suitcase and left,
she didn't care about me nor the lovers nor the bereft.
On the way she dropped some precious belongings, 
we want to halver the last of her, yet we have no right;
Lady Winter watches our funny plight, quietly musing.
 Soon our knuckles will turn pale and she will delight.
Soon every inch and every breath will turn too ice.
Then Lady Winter will try to be nice.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, you Live there?! (too bad you can't italicize things in a comment). I'm speechless!
    I love the pictures, especially the windows/doors, the cobweb (was that because of the mist?)and the leaves. Creatively described too :)
    Oh dear, though. Good luck with the winter. I'm sure you'll get a couple of great shots out of it ;)

    P.S - I dunno what I did, but the first comment got deleted so I'm just posting it again. I need to get some sleep, I think :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyniqueen,
    This place is Amiens, right up in the north of France. I was there just for the day. It's a lovely town (atleast the part that survived World War 2)
    yes the cobweb had these lovely dewdrops on it and I thought immediately of diamonds :D
    Winter is ridiculous here! I don't mind the cold and I don't mind the rain. But the cold rain!! sheesh!
    thanks again.
    x

    ReplyDelete