Thursday, October 21, 2010

When the clouds descend on earth..

I was walking down this charming street and I thought I saw someone looking down at me, I looked up and I could I sworn it was a wolf. But no! It was this adorable husky!! who didn't mind posing for a pic :)
Yesterday was extraordinary. I must have done something right to have witnessed nature in such a glorious state. The skies were the bluest I have ever seen in France. Almost as beautiful as the ones I saw in Tuscany. I spent nearly four hours in the sunlight even those it was a bit chilly. It was all about the clouds yesterday. The clouds coming down to romance the coast. You are going to see a huge explosion of blues on the page because I want to dedicate this blog post entirely to my tryst with nature yesterday. 
Lighting up the night so bright... for all those who sail by night...
Ive seen plenty lighthouses before but the cutest has to be this one in Saint Valéry. I love how its green top blends with the true blue sky :)
"Clouds symbolize the veils that shroud God". Honore De Balzac
The sea was no less amazing, the clouds would pass over it and causes a chaos of blues and greens and aquamarines and so many other shades of blue we haven't even got names for!
There is a beautiful cross right at the start of the promenade that leads to the light house. It's really tall and outstanding, perhaps used to bid good for the sailors who passed by.
"A great wind is blowing, and that gives you either imagination or a headache". Catherine the Great 
Remark the difference in emotions you might feel on two different days. One when the skies are blue and the clouds come by and one when the sky is grey and perhaps a little gloomy?
I get wildly enthusiastic about little things! I play with pebbles for long hours, I hunt for seashells and look too long at the skies!
Those massive cliffs you can see in the background those are part of the famous and very beautiful Alabaster coast in Normandy!
 "Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time". 
John Lubbock 
"Nature is my springboard. From her I get my initial impetus. I have tried to relate the visible drama of mountains, trees, and bleached fields with the fantasy of wind blowing and changing colors and forms". Milton Avery 
The clouds were like piles of cotton that floated above my head :)
It's the best feeling when you have the entire Alabaster coast and all its beings, all to yourself!
"Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man". Orison Swett Marden 


A famous cricketeer form India often said "A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef!"
“I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with” Plato.
The lovely houses in my village!

1 comment:

  1. what a treat. thanks a lot for sharing. i am reminded of the lyrics of a norah jones song that goes to the effect of - you're a shellpicker of the pickiest sort, but you always pick the best ones.

    ReplyDelete