Friday, September 03, 2010

Remembering my father in Dadar West

For no reason, Mum and me decided to visit my dad's home in Dadar west. My dad came from a very humble background, in fact he was brought up in a chawl (run down residential units constructed in major Indian cities in the 19th century to accommodate industrial workers). We had to visit the Bombay Municipal Council (BMC) to obtain his birth certificate and they obviously gave us another date to come and collect it. We then proceeded to see what new changes had come about in the area. and voilà! 


My dad home's now has a view of the Bandra-Worli sea link!
It's officially called the Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link and it cost $$$400 million approx.!! 
There are still some lovely imperial style buildings in the locality!
 I just love how the yellow of the imperial house complements the monsoon green of the tree!


Just by the seaside someone left a lovely frame with the picture of Lord Ganesha embossed on it.
Another house which was beautifully decrepit!

No comments:

Post a Comment