Friday, December 11, 2009

Paris with an American

I went to Paris again today with my roommate. We must have walked for over 8 hours all over the city. It was a glorious day in Paris and I never get tired of visiting the city. The weather was particulary lovely today and the highlight of my trip was catching the first rays of the sun at the Louvre and in second place comes the walk on the street off Champs Elysées, where high end designers like Chanel and Dior just spruce up the pavement! We also walked to Musée d'Orsay and guess what they were on strike. I mean how is it possible for a museum to go on strike?!! Tsk Tsk only in France mes chères! I chalked out an itinerary for us all by myself and it involved all the places Ive been to and which Andy hadn't. Musée d'Orsay was going to be the only new thing I visited in Paris and so you can imagine my disappointment when I saw the sign that said Museum is on strike in four different languages. My day got better when we went to Pierre Hermé, undoubtedly the best macaron shop in Paris. I also went into Ladurée, the macaron store and tea salon on Champs Elysées because that was on my to-do list and there was an hours long queue! A queue to buy macarons! sheesh! 





No comments:

Post a Comment